Monday, December 1, 2008

Was Tom Hanks A Sex Symbol in the 80s?

I happened to catch bits and pieces of Turner & Hooch on TV the other day. I know, I know. Give me a break. It was the tail end of my vacation, I was tired of reading and playing pool, and there was really nothing else to do.

Anyway, I didn't watch the whole movie. But I did see at least two or three scenes that showed Hanks either topless or wearing black briefs. I haven't seen the film in a long time, and probably the last time I was too young to notice something like that. But I did find it strange.

In case you want to brush up on your knowledge of T&H, go here.

2 comments:

Rita Vetere said...

This is the voice of experience speaking... I adored Tom Hanks in the 80s and still do. In the 80s he gave us some wonderful stuff, The Money Pit, The Man with One Red Shoe, Big, T & H, but I think he really started pleasing the ladies in the 90s with his role in Sleepless in Seattle. It wasn't until some of his later dramatic roles, though, that I appreciated what a fine actor he is. Road to Perdition remains one of my all time favorite movies. I was and remain a Tom Hanks fan.

Brian O'Rourke said...

Rita
Loved The Money Pit and Big is just a great movie. Hell, I even like Bachelor Party . You're right about him really shining with his later roles. I think for a stretch of time in the early 90s, he was nominated almost every year for an Oscar.