Yet another completely random post. I've taken a lot of time to come up with these overused movie lines for you. Okay, it only took fifteen minutes. But to a flatworm, that's an eternity.
In some instances, I've put what I'd write in a screenplay, had I been forced to use the overused line. Hope you enjoy.
1. "Is that a threat?" My Answer: Yeah, you dumb S--T.
2. "It's quiet in here." Normal response: "Yeah, too quiet." My Answer: Of course it is, we're in the middle of nowhere in the dark of night.
3. "Nothing can go wrong/I'm so happy/We're all going to make it." My Answer: No we're not. That would make for a reverse dramatic arch.
4. "Give me a beer." My Answer, if I were the bartender: Just so you know, there are thousands of beers in existence and at least five I could pour for you right now.
5. "I'm going to count to three." My Answer: Good. That will give me time to think of a snappy comeback, or a way out of this mess. (Check out how David Mamet handled this in Heist.)
6. "What is this, good cop/bad cop?"
7. "It's not you. It's me." (Maybe that one hits too close to home.)
8. "I'm getting too old for this." (And so are we.)
1 day ago