Thursday, March 19, 2009

Widener Open Mic Night

For anyone that's interested and local, tonight I'll be attending Widener University's open mic night, which starts at 7:00 PM EST. Against my better judgment, I will be doing a reading of The Unearthed. I say against my better judgment because it's just the sort of story I would have thumbed my nose at as an undergrad English major, because it wasn't "literary" enough. Oh how the not-so-mighty have fallen.

So if you're in the area, stop by. There's a free bookmark for everyone who shows up.

Off topic, but does the word "mic" look strange to anybody else? I used the term in several places in The Unearthed, but I spelled it "mike" because that looked better to me.

6 comments:

Nathanael Green said...

"Mic" always looks funny to me. But as an abbreviation for microphone, "mike" seems just as weird.

Good luck with your reading tonight. Are you starting from the beginning or where?

-Nate

Brian O'Rourke said...

Nate,

Yeah, lose-lose on that shortening, heh?

And I'm still not sure what exactly I'm reading. I'll decide sometime this afternoon. Because I didn't want to wait till the last minute to decide ;)

But seriously, I'll probably read the first few pages or so. Since the plot is so important to this story, I don't want to spoil anything.

Phil Stiefel said...

You should wear the Fox's mascot costume on open mic/mike night help a brother out.

Brian O'Rourke said...

Meet me at the University Center with the costume. I'd totally wear it. Anything to hook a brother up, and make myself look like an a--.

Rita Vetere said...

Brian--
Jumping in late on this, but wanted to wish you luck tonight. The costume sounds okay, but I say go with the Ghostbusters tee-shirt :-)

Brian O'Rourke said...

Rita,

The Ghostbusters t-shirt would have been the way to go! I probably do still have mine from back in the day somewhere, though at this point it'd probably only fit around one of my legs.