Tuesday, October 28, 2008

March 2, 2009 Release of The Unearthed

I've just confirmed with my publisher, Lyrical Press (www.lyricalpress.com) that The Unearthed will be available electronically on March 2, 2009. That's pretty cool. About six months later, it will be available in print as well. That's all I want to say for now, because I'll be doing heavy promotion closer to release date.

As an aside, my wife and I went to a Halloween reading on Saturday night at Rosemont College. The event doubled as a costume party, and we went as Dr. Clayton Forrester and TV's Frank of Mystery Science Theater 3000 fame. (She was Forrester; I was Frank). I was quite convinced that no one would have any idea who we were.

As it turns out, I was half-right. Several people knew who she was (though I still argue that the name tag helped too much), but they didn't pick up on me being Frank. Not enough powder in my hair to make it look grey enough, and the jerry curl on the forehead wasn't eye-catching enough, I guess. Not only does that mean my costume didn't work--it also means that people think that's how I dress and wear my hair normally. I guess that's pretty funny...

Speaking of Mystery Science Theater, I think I need to dig out the old tapes and DVDs and watch me some.

No comments: