Tuesday, October 14, 2008

18 Miles, More Stories, and Self-Indulgence

It's been a few days since I last wrote, so I am remiss in Blogging responsibilities. I don't have anything new to report on The Unearthed. My editor and I are just about to start the editing process, which I hope doesn't take too long.

On Saturday, I made it to 18 miles. Barely. So I'm still on track for the Philly Marathon. As long as I get up to 21 in the next three weeks, I should be fine. (Famous last words)

Nick and I recorded a short episode for Four Stories--it's up on iTunes now but hasn't made its way to our www.fourstoriespodcast.blogspot.com just yet. All the more reason to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes: you won't have to constantly check our website to see when the next episode's coming out. And we do plan on releasing a lot of short episodes in the near future, while we sort out our technical troubles on the longer ones.

By the way, I know that Blogging is inherently self-indulgent. I apologize in advance for that. It's not something I would normally do, but I've been told by my editor, fellow writers, publisher, and just about everybody else online that in order to promote a book, I need to write a Blog. But I will strive to keep the self-indulgence to a minimum. I don't think my life is intrinsically more interesting than yours; I don't think that what I have to say is earth-shattering. I don't ever want to give you that impression. If I do, make sure to send me plenty of nasty public comments.

That's all for now. If you haven't already, check out Four Stories at www.fourstoriespodcast.blogspot.com or on iTunes. It's a good way to spend your commute or while away your time at work, AND the podcast is free.

Go Phils!

No comments: