Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Me? A Dad?

Apropos of my last post, about people using the internet to share all manner of personal information, I'm thrilled to say that Fiona Helen O'Rourke arrived last week, on December 9, 2009.

She and Jenna are doing well, as am I. Fiona came in weighing 8 pounds 13 ounces, and unfortunately for her, it looks like she may have gotten her feet from her father (I wear a size 15).

In my estimation, Jenna and I have averaged about four hours of sleep a night for the past week. I'm fairly delirious at this point, so I hope this post makes the least bit of sense.

Now I know what it feels like to be a Muslim detainee at Gitmo, being woken up every couple of hours.

In terms of this blog, well, I won't be posting with much frequency for the foreseeable future, for obvious reasons. I hope you all can forgive me, and by "all," I mean: Seana Graham, Nate Green, Marco, Adrian McKinty, Nicklas Hughes, Rita Vetere, and any lurkers (?) that might be out there, including dear old Dad. But I wanted to thank you for taking the time to read my otherwise inane ramblings and comment on same.

A bientot.

7 comments:

Rita Vetere said...

Oh, wow, Brian! What a lovely surprise to see this post. Am taking this opportunity to send along my sincere congratulations on the birth of Fiona, and wishes for all happiness for the three of you. Hugs to you and Jenna, and many, many hugs and squeezes to little Fiona.

Rita.

seana graham said...

Brian, I am a little flabbergasted, because I just read your post on Adrian's blog and had no clue that you had written such a thoughtful post in the midst of the travails of new fatherhood. (I think the Gitmo detainee has a little less to be grateful for, by the way) And had just been wondering, when's that baby due?

Fiona's a beautiful name and I am so happy for you and Jenna. And though we may relieve you of many blogging duties for a time, of course the one thing you still really have to do is post a picture or two. I'm willing to wait, but not forever.

My warmest congratulations, and I hope the dogs are adjusting.

adrian mckinty said...

CONGRATULATIONS MAN.

Thats a healthy size for a baby girl. Well done.

BTW thats your last good night sleep for at least four years.

marco said...

Congratulations!
Merry Festivities to all three (and the jealous dogs)!

marco said...

BTW thats your last good night sleep for at least four years.

My v-word says: untroo

Jenna said...

Thanks everyone! I am glad Brian finally grabbed a minute to post of Fiona's arrival. I finally found time to upload some photos today, so hopefully Brian can post a picture or two later on.

Seana - funny you should ask that, but Baby O'Rourke wasn't due until 12/31. Given that the doctors are still sure that was her correct due date, her size is pretty amazing. Had she been born on NYE, I could have been dealing with a 10 lb baby! Thankfully, she faces no health problems b/c of her being 3 weeks and 1 day early.

Sadly, I our posts are guaranteed to have misspellings and errors with the sleep deprivation we're dealing with. Ah well, it is ALL worth it.

Thanks again everyone.

seana graham said...

Yes, that end of the year date was what I'd thought I'd heard. I think Miss Fiona sussed out that she was likely to get shortchanged in the presents department if she landed smack dab in the middle of the holidays, wise girl. Also probably took pity on her poor mom. Glad she's healthy in any case. And that you are as well, Jenna