Those of you who know me well know I don't like to talk about myself. Perhaps that's why I sometimes struggle to come up with material for this blog. Today I am going to write about myself a little bit, but I have a good excuse: I was tagged to do this 4X4 meme by the notorious Seana Graham. I've tweaked it a little bit as you'll see.
Four golf courses I'd like to play:
2. Pebble Beach
3. Pine Valley
4. TPC Sawgrass
My four favorite Westerns are:
1. The Searchers
2. Rio Bravo
3a. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
3b. Once Upon a Time in the West
PS - When will we see a revival of this genre? I hope soon. It is one of America's greatest contributions to the cinema.
Four books that I recommend to friends, family, and strangers:
1. Dead I Well May Be
2. The Shadow of the Wind
3. Noble House
4. Bernard Cornwell's take on Arthurian Legend
Four reasons why The Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars movie ever made:
1. George Lucas didn't direct it.
2. George Lucas didn't write the screenplay.
3. No Ewoks, Jar Jar Binks, or bad dialogue.
4. "No, I am your father."
Four languages I studied in high school:
1. English (yeah, it counts)
And no, I don't really remember any French, Latin, or Greek, and even English is a struggle these days.
Four stories I want to write before I die:
1. Screenplay for a biopic on Caravaggio
2. Sci-fi western set on Mars
3. A book that makes money
4. Screenplay for a sequel to this year's Star Trek
Four people I'm tagging to do this as well
1. Jenna O'Rourke
2. Nate Green
3. Nicklas Hughes
4. Matt Damon
1 week ago